Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
Summer Reading List
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Saw this on Kim's blog and I thought it would be a fun thing to do, so I pulled together a bunch of unread books from around the house, took a picture, and I am declaring a "Summer Reading List!"
1) Alligators, Old Mink, & New Money: One Woman's Adventures in Vintage Clothing by Alison & Melissa Houtte (In Progress)
2) The Taking by Dean Koontz
3) Quant by Quant by Mary Quant (1960s fashion designer)
4) Ready, Steady, Go!: The Smashing Rise and Giddy Fall of Swinging London by Shawn Levy
5)Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
6) Are Men Necessary? When Sexes Collide by Maureen Dowd
I am not a heavy reader by nature (hence the piles of unread books just laying around the house) but I am looking forward to a pampering summer and reading is a great way to take some "ME" time. Of course, so is knitting, so I will have to carefully divide the free hours!
Will I get through each of the books? Will I read even more? Will I forget about this whole idea as soon as I add more luscious yarn to my stash? Only time will tell!
need to know
Stitch Markers & Needles
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf
far out links