Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
I've gone Mondrian!!!
Wednesday, May 03, 2006

CAUTION: You may need sunglasses to view this blog from now on.....

I've felt for a while that the old blog skin needed to go. I LOVE flowers, but the baby pink was most assuredly NOT my style, sooooo..... I've found some thoroughly MOD inspiration in the work of famous modern artist Piet Mondrian. In 1965, Yves Saint Laurent created a dress inspired by Mondrian's paintings and it quickly became an instantly recognizable symbol of the Sixties mod movement. (Pic of the original dress at right)

I think the background became a bit more Mondrian than Mondrian ever was, but it doesn't really matter, I had a bunch of fun creating it and I love how STRONG the colors are. I've never really been about pastels - bright colors are more of who I am.

This is also a bit of a turning point in blog focus. It was never really an exclusive "knitting blog" - but now it's going to have more stuff about me so y'all can get a better look into the insanity that is Valerie :)
In the coming months I will be looking for a new job, enhancing and cataloging my collection of 1960s memorabilia (you have no idea what I have), finishing up a long languishing website of mine, and blogging about whatever other silliness that happens to enter my mind. Heck, I might even start dating again.... (ugh.) We shall see. And who knows - I may actually KNIT SOMETHING!

I hope you all will come along for the ride - LOL!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com