Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
Yarn day
Friday, May 26, 2006

Today I took a trip to a LYS in Greenvale, which is on the North Shore of Long Island. A cute little store, I had been there once or twice before, but out of nowhere I had a notion to take a field trip there today with some friends. (Actually, a thinly veiled ruse to get Mary out with some of the girls!)

I had a great time - but I always do when I'm with these girls. We met at my house and then I drove to the store. We were there about half hour or so and everyone got a little something. Karen bought sock yarn! Koigu, I think, in a Passion Fruit color. She's a new sock knitting convert, a group I have not yet joined. Joyce (blog, Joyce?) bought a multi-color black with pink and blue yarn for knitting a bag and Mary bought, well, perhaps I shouldn't be so detailed here since she bought gifties for a pal... My goodies are below:


The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Oatmeal. Mary told me that I could knit Branching Out from Knitty with a skein of this and at $9.00 it was a steal so I scooped it up. I haven't done lace before and I was looking to make something mildly sophisticated to wear at the office and this fit the bill. The bag was also her idea (THANKS!) and it is the perfect summer accessory. It's lightweight and has a loop inside to thread the yarn through, a drawstring to keep things safe, and a loop on the outside so you can wear it on your wrist. Too cute!


When I got home and checked the mail, the goodies above were waiting for me!! Dani turned the girls on to a sale at Trash and Treasure with discounted Possum yarn. My Fiber Godmother, Alicia sent me the red skein above and I bought the natural and the pattern so I could make my first pair of mittens! I think this may also be the first time I will have used the exact yarn called for in the pattern - LOL.

If you'll excuse me, I have to go set up my swift and wind, baby, wind!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com