Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
I'm dealing with it
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I am a slow knitter. There, I've said it. And no, I don't feel better. And it doesn't help when I see wonderful knitted things on friend's blogs. I've always been a "bull in a china shop," a little light in the coordination department and I guess that shows in my knitting. I can get the job done, but I am not comfortable enough to gain any speed. Go look at what Dani can accomplish in a week, or even one night!! And Mary can knit without even looking at her needles!! I am jealous.

LOL - OK enough whining!!! Truth is, I don't knit enough to get past the difficult stages, and I know it. A couple of rows a night and I'm happy. Currently I am knitting this lovely lime green 50% mohair blend lace-weight yarn on size 17 needles! Talk about uncoordinated! The yarn is SO thin and the needles are SO big I am constantly fighting with something. And don't get me started on the MOHAIR! I cast on too tightly and wanted to switch to a bigger needle - imagine my shock when I tried to frog it!! OK, stop laughing. I forgot about mohair and it's self-felting properties.

It does knit up fast though. I get a half-inch of fabric for every row. I've been knitting since Sunday and I only have about 2 feet done so far. That would be about 48 rows at 65 stitches a row. I should be embarrassed. I'm not though, but I should be. It will be a shawl when it's done (probably sometime in October when it's too cool to wear it) for the office during the summer months with the AC.


Here's hoping I actually FINISH it!!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com