Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
Project Linus Blanket
Sunday, February 05, 2006

My first Project Linus blanket!

For those of you who don't know, Project Linus is a non-profit organization that gives handmade (only!) blankets to children in need. The children can be ill, or have experienced abuse, the loss of a parent, or any type of trauma. The blankets are a way of sending LOVE to these children in need. Here is the link to their organization: Project Linus
PS - No wool or wool blends allowed, man-made fibers and cotton only.

A good friend, the beautiful (inside and out) Rebecca is the Suffolk County, NY chapter coordinator. I am so happy to be able to help her in this special endeavor.

This blanket is beyond easy since it is all in garter, but it's still fun since every 7 rows you switch needles from #13 to #5. This creates a gentle ruffle effect. It's a quick knit, but it will probaly take me a couple of weeks since I like to do other crafty things in between knitting.

This week "other crafty things" includes making my own personalized needles & stitch markers with polymer clay - hey, everyone else is doing it, why not me?! LOL! I will post my creations a little later....

Off to get ready for the Superbowl - go Steelers!
Here's the plan:
I will knit during the game and watch the commercials, you know they are the best all year!!!
At half time, I will watch the Stones - They still rock better than most groups half their age!
In between, I will switch to Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl" - beyond cute and strangely captivating - go puppies!!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com