Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
Happy Pre-Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Boy, have I been totally lazy about posting! And I don't think I will get the chance tomorrow, so Happy Turkey Day!! (early) My office is closed Thursday & Friday and I am taking Monday off - Lots of shopping ahead! I need to get gifts for all five cousins (3 girls ages 19 to 23, and 2 boys ages 2 & 4). Shouldn't be too hard. Then stuff for my Mom. Lots of gifts for her. Although, I'm not quite sure what they will be after THE SWEATER, of course.

Aunt and Uncle are also getting knitted gifts 'cause I NEVER know what to buy for them, it's always a problem. This year, he is getting a really nice handmade scarf (Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk) and she is getting a felted tote bag (Noro Silk Garden & Galway) since she is always complimenting my felted bags. This is win-win for me. Their gifts are all picked out without too much fretting (except for the scarf, but that's another post) and I get the pleasure of knitting them!

Will probably get quite a bit of work done on them between Thursday & Friday. I will be spending Thanksgiving with my Mom and I can't knit for her while she is around, so I will knit for my Aunt & Uncle instead. Also helping her put up the tree on Thurs. I get to lug the boxes up the stairs and help assemble the tree. Then she can decorate while I knit! (yea) Also no extraneous relatives this year (double yea!)

And in honor of Thanksgiving, I will say, that while life is not ever quite what I think it should be - I am VERY LUCKY and I have MUCH to be thankful for. My health, first and foremost. The health of my family and friends. A reasonably good job, a little money in the bank, my own place where I am supporting myself, and some wonderful new knitting friends (or should I say, "friends that knit") that have really added a dimension to my life that I did not have before. All in all, not bad, huh? And getting better all the time!! WOO HOO!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com