Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
SP6 Questionaire
Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I am so excited about SP6 - I hope I do everything right - I want to be a good pal and spoil someone!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I tend to stay away from both Lion and Red Heart as I haven't heard many good things about them, but I am not quite a proper yarn snob - yet!
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I'm not really into the idea of spinning right now, but I would like to learn crocheting someday.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No allergies, OK, dust maybe, but that shouldn't be a problem with yarn.
4. How long have you been knitting? I'm a new knitter, about 5-6 months, I have a lot to learn but I really like it!
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, should I?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Right now, I am really big into citrus, mostly orange. I like most fruity scents but I DON'T like flowery scents at all.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Well yes, but I don't eat sugar of any kind, it doesn't agree with me so, I am always with a bag of SUGAR-FREE cookies or candies.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I am always changing. Right now, I am making my own stitch markers and I am thinking of ways to decorate my needles without making them unusable for knitting!
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I really like oldies music from the 60s - it's my passion - but 80s stuff is fun, too since that is really my generation. And, yes, I can play MP3s.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I seem to be gravitating towards the combinations of blues/greens and pinks/oranges. Orange is my signature color. My living room is orange and my kitchen in blue/green, both with vintage styling.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am living on my own and quite happily I might add :) I have no pets right now since I live in an apartment, but I am dog-happy!! I LOVE dogs and ache for the day I can have one again.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) A happy, healthy life and a good man to share it with. OK, and a DOG too! And lots of friends!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like Gedifra, but I haven't had too much experience with different yarns yet. I've been meaning to try Manos Del Uruguay as soon as I get the chance. Chunky/Bulky weight is better, and not too slippery, I haven't the patience.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Cheap junk that splits and squeaks.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I just bought the book "25 Bags to Knit", so I can't wait to obsess over those.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Things that knit up quick!
17. What are you knitting right now? Some flowers for a handbag I just finished, a scarf or two and some squares with my SnB group for blankets to send to Katrina survivors.
18. What do you think about ponchos? If you're not 20 years old and an "A" cup - you shouldn't wear them. I am neither - which is OK.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Each has their place, no preference.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo! Plastic is OK too.
21. Are you a sock knitter? No, I really don't have the desire.
22. How did you learn to knit? I took paid-for lessons - They got me started, but I still have so much to learn. Now I am learning with the help of my SnB buddies!
23. How old is your oldest UFO? About two months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Totally into Family Guy, South Park and The Simpsons. Also a big Flintstones fan from way back.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, without a doubt!
26. Is there anything that you collect? Is there anything I don't collect? HA!
To narrow it down: vintage 1960s memorabilia and now knitting tools and yarns.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None yet. I am buying issues from the stores to see which I like the best and will go from there. I seem to like most of them - it's going to be a tough decision.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? "The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques" by Nancie M. Weisman; "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation" by Debbie Stoller
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another? Not particularly.
ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I am a perfect size 8 - I don't know what that translates to in inches... about 9.5? I love all socks - one of the great joys in this world is putting on a brand new pair of socks!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com