Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
Belated Christmas Haul & More
Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Merry Christmas! Oh, wait - we did that already.... Well, I'm finally ready to post about it. Christmas knitting (which was well received, by the way) had me so backed up with chores, etc. that blogging was barely a possibility and it took me two whole days to clean and straighten my apartment - which is really only 4 rooms! But it's all done and here I am, back on a semi-regular basis I hope.

Christmas, in terms of knitting, was beyond my expectations! Yarn, books, AND a swift/ball winder combo - finally a hobby people can keep up with! Some recived as gifts on Christmas day and others purchased with gift certificates.

See the pics:
The 2 pinkish balls in front are 100% cashmere! That's why they are so tiny. From top left - 2 skeins Manos (multi); 3 Loft merino (vari-gray); 3 Classic Elite Miracle, 50% Alpaca/50%Tencel (black); 3 Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk dk; 3 Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan; and 3 Debbie Bliss Maya direct from the UK (OK, that was my gift to me, prior to 1/1/06) in lovely muted greens and tans.

And now the books:
Yarn Harlot; The Knitting Stitch Bible; Scarves, A Knitter's Dozen; The Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits; Last-Minute Knitted Gifts; Nicky Epstein's Knitted Embellishments; Dyeing to Knit. Whew...




After re-doing my apartment, I managed to create a little knitting corner for myself!! It isn't much, but it's a nice little spot with good lighting, a comfortable chair, and places to hold the stash as I'm knitting it up. If I ever get back to knitting, that is. I have so much yarn (new and old) and patterns that I want to knit - I don't know where to start.... Anyway, on the table is a little three-tier box that holds scissors, tape measure, stitch markers, etc. and the vase is holding my new collection of hand made knitting needles! More about that in another post.

Well, back to work tomorrow - not really looking forward to it, but I miss my co-workers. Thank goodness for them! Talk to y'all later!




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com