Girl Gone Mod!
Reality is the Only Obstacle
to Happiness!   :)
My Kingdom for a swift....
Monday, October 17, 2005

I need a swift and a ball winder and I need them now!!! I was going to put them on a Christmas list due to the cost of each item (I was also hoping to add a yarn meter in there too) but I don't know if I can wait anymore. I'm trying....
Here's the problem, I am knitting a handbag to be felted. It requires knitting with two strands of yarn at once. For the main color of the bag, I need/have two hanks so, no problem. However, for the contrasting colors, I have just one hank since only a few rows of striping are needed.
How do I knit with two strands of yarn from one hank? In the past I have literally sat with a yard stick and measured out half the length of the skein and rolled two equal balls of yarn. But I really don't want to do that since sometimes I measure wrong and get two uneven balls. Not the end of the world, but a long and tiring process nonetheless. A swift and ball winder would give me a center-pull ball in minutes and I could knit double-stranded with a strand from the inside and a strand from the outside.

Has anyone encountered this before? Anybody have helpful hints for dealing with this problem without a swift? I am looking at rigging something up so I can knit from both ends of the hank at one time - but I see many knots (and frustration) in my future.

Why doesn't A.C. Moore sell this stuff...?!!??




need to know

My Etsy Shop!

Stitch Markers & Needles

My Amazon Wish List!



groovy people


stick tricks
Lime Green Mohair Wrap Embrace Scarf


far out links



Previous Posts


Archive


credits
king i n c.
blogskins
Unlikely Words

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com